All players must be actively registered with SSUSA. They will be supporting our events and this is mandatory.
SSUSA 2020 Rules apply, with the following exceptions.
- In the age 50+ division, the minimum age of a player is 50 year olds.
- In the age 55+ division, the minimum age of a player is 55 year olds. But a team is allowed a maximum of two (2) age 50 to 54 year olds.
- In the age 60+ division, a team is allowed a maximum of two (2) age 55 to 59 year olds. No more than two can be active on the field at one time. No players younger than 55 are allowed.
- In the age 65+ division, a team is allowed a maximum of two (2) age 60 to 64 year olds. No more than two can be active on the field at one time.
- In the age 70+ division, a team is allowed a maximum of four (4) age 68 to 69 year olds. No more than four can be active on the field at one time.
Team Playing Strength:
The advisory board will determine the level of strength of a team based on the submitted entry roster. The respective team will be play straight up, or give, or accept runs. The advisory board will determine whether the respective team will play in the upper or lower divisions.
Home Runs Over the Fence:
6 HRs is the maximum number of homeruns when majors team are playing. Any homerun over the limit is an out. When a Major team plays a AAA team, the AAA home run rules (3 HRs) are in effect. All other AAA teams the home run limit is three (3). If playing against an AA team, the limit is 1 (one HR) homerun. Any fair ball hit over the fence over the limit will be considered an out.
Senior Softball USA (SSUSA) rule book will be referenced for all other rule interpretations.
Host Island Responsibility
The host island is responsible for securing 300 ft. fields, obtaining insurance and all applicable documents for tournament play, umpires can be volunteers or paid. Balls will be issued by the Advisory Board and the host island will reimburse the expense.
The island advisory board reserves the right to change schedule or format with advanced notice.
Updated Feb. 13, 2021
Game (Covid) Requirements—if applicable
Any player who has contacted Covid-19 or has been exposed shall not play unless cleared by a health care provider certified in writing. Please refer to County of Hawaii, County of Maui, County of Kauai, or Honolulu County Covid-19 protocols Emergency Rules, while playing during the current pandemic.
- Before and after each game, tournament officials shall sanitize dugouts, bleachers, tables, bathrooms used by players and spectators.
- Each coach shall perform temperature checks of all players, umpires, scorekeepers prior to the game.
Any person who has a temperature of 100°or more (per CDC guidelines) shall be asked to leave the park.
- Players may be at the field no earlier than 1 (one) hour before the game and shall leave immediately after the game.
- PLATE UMPIRES SHALL WEAR MASKS
- Players shall wear masks when not on the playing field and maintain 6 ft. distance (use bleachers, tables and chairs to maintain social distance)
- No more than 25 people at game (players/spectators) per team.
- Each team will provide full waiver of liability from all players and coaches, also provide full name address, current accommodation location and phone number for contact tracing.
- All teams adhere to the Code of Ethics: alcohol, and drug use is prohibited in all county facilities.